Learn more about the diet that is in everyone’s mouth
The revolutionary ketogenic diet to lose weight fast continues its journey around the world gaining more and more followers. The strict ketogenic diet requires adhering to a formula where 5% carbohydrates, 25% protein and 70% fat should be consumed per day.
Different types, but one goal: lose weight
There are several variants of ketogenic diets according to their specific needs:
- SKD (standard ketogenic diet): is usually one of the most recommended by nutritionists, because most people find this effective. It focuses on the high consumption of healthy fats (70% of the diet), protein in moderate amounts (25%) and very few carbohydrates (5%). In this type it is necessary that most of the calories come from the fats, reason why it needs to keep limited the consumption of carbohydrates and proteins with the objective of that is a standard diet ketogenic.
- TKD (Targeted Ketogenic Diet): this method can consume the total carbohydrate allotted for the day in a single meal, 30 to 60 minutes before exercise. The idea is to effectively use the energy that carbohydrates provide before it can disrupt ketosis. This has beeen proved as one of the most favorable option to the journey of ketogenic diet to lose weight fast.
- CKD (Cyclical Ketogenic Diet): in CKD a cycle is performed between a normal ketogenic diet, followed by a set number of days of high carbohydrate intake, also known as “carbohydrate loading”. The idea is to take advantage of carbohydrates to replenish the glycogen that lost their muscles during sports activity or training.
- Ketogenic High Protein Diet: this method is a variant of SKD. It is a diet rich in proteins, as it increases its consumption of proteins by 10% and reduces that of healthy fats by 10%. If you are overweight or obese, this type might help you at first, but you can switch to a SKD once you have normalized your weight.
- Restricted Ketogenic Diet: With this type of diet, by restricting your intake of carbohydrates and calories, your body loses glycogen and begins to produce ketones that healthy cells can use as energy. Because cancer cells cannot use these ketones, they starve to death, making them effective in preventing cancer.
Get away from these foods before you start this ketogenic diet to lose weight fast.
Before you start with a ketogenic diet to lose weight fast, it is first important to check what you are consuming and eliminate what is not healthy. This means that you must eliminate sugars, starches, packaged and processed foods from your diet, because a ketogenic diet focuses on the consumption of real and whole foods.
Also, avoid these other foods
Do not consider too much milk as it contains the galactose carbohydrate – basically, by drinking a single glass, you could consume all of your daily carbohydrate allowance. Many other products should be avoided, such as hydrogenated vegetable oils (canola, sunflower, etc.), peanut butter, sodas and soy products.
So, Start your Journey today to ketogenic diet to lose weight fast.