Could this be the most effective diet for women?
Numerous diets have been created and recommended to improve physical appearance in women. Among them is the ketogenic diet for women, where you must lower your intake of carbohydrates in at least 20% of your total daily diet. This means changing the favorite fruits, oats in the morning and fats that do not contribute carbohydrates to the body. Either way, the ketogenic diet seems to be the right one when it comes to losing weight
But, does it really work?
This diet can definitely be a quick and easy way to reduce sizes, because by reducing carbohydrate consumption, glycogen stores will go down and you will begin to use “stored” fat as a source of energy. On the other hand, removing sugar and starch from your diet will decrease fluid retention in the body; in addition to this, you can naturally get rid of the sweet addiction.
Is this diet still beneficial?
As a woman you should take into consideration different aspects such as age, hormonal health and other factors that will help you determine if you really should use the ketogenic diet.
Considering that carbohydrate consumption of Western culture encompasses approximately 60% of the diet and appears to be increasing, eliminating these can lead to major changes in a person’s life. Replacing carbohydrates with healthy fats (such as avocado) will in turn:
- Feeling full between meals (less anxiety).
- Reduction of sugar in the blood (contributing to the proper functioning of insulin).
- Acceleration of metabolism, product of the slowing of digestion.
What disadvantages can this diet bring me?
Some of the reasons that hold that the ketogenic diet for women may not be beneficial in women are as follows:
- Increased hormone cortisol, causing stress.
- Emotional consequences.
Find the right way to stick this diet
There are several factors that will avoid negative long-term consequences, such as the following:
- Understand its short-term benefits: The ketogenic diet is useful when your goals are clear and defined in a given time.
- Make sure you do not fall into the accidental diet: Remember to make the correct distribution of food: 60-70% healthy fats, 20-30% in protein and 10-20% in carbohydrates.
- Enjoy the food: there are many foods that you can include in your diet to avoid monotony.
If you are a woman and want to follow a ketogenic diet, it is important that you organize your goals, give an estimated time to your goals and evaluate how your body reacts to changes in diet.